Apprentices are responsible for assisting in the installation, maintenance and repair of the passenger and freight elevators, escalators, dumbwaiters and moving sidewalks under the direction of a Mechanic. This description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions, and set forth the requirements for performance of this job. Other duties may be assigned and this is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
- Manually loads, unloads and moves materials, equipment and tools from vehicles to work areas. Requires lifting parts weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Manually cleans elevator car tops, machine rooms, pits, rails, and hoistways within non-controlled climate field setting.
- Manually paints machine rooms and pit.
- Uses periods of high concentration and knowledge of elevator systems to assist Mechanic in electrical and mechanical installation, repair or service operations. Requires following written or verbal directions of mechanic and/or field superintendent. Requires color perception to distinguish color-coded wiring components.
- Maintains elevator lighting fixtures.
- Visually and audibly monitors equipment operation to determine faulty functioning. Requires ability to withstand heights and cramped working conditions.
International Union of Elevator Constructors
3025 W Hampden Avenue, Sheridan, CO 80110